First 10K Words Success
Thanks so much for signing up for Your First 10,000-word Edit!
I will be contacting you in the next day or two to discuss your first 10K words.
By the way, feel free to round the 10,000 words up a smidge in order to complete a section or chapter. I don’t want to be left hanging mid-sentence!
Things for you to think about:
- Consider whether you would prefer line editing or copyediting. (See the Edit link above to find out the difference.)
- Take the time to make these first 10,000 words the best they can be, true to your vision of the work.
- Run these first 10,000 words through a grammar and spellchecker like Grammarly or Pro Writing Aid. Both have free versions, and you can access either at the banner ads below. I ask this so that I can concentrate on the bigger issues of your book. Let software help when it can!
- Consider whether you have particular preferences of what you want me to do or not do. Again, look at the Edit page to see what exactly copyediting and line editing involve.
- Do you have any stylistic preferences? For instance, are you solidly for or against the serial comma? Either way, let me know!
In any event, I look forward to working with you on your project!